In the morning you’ll be picked up at 6:00am from your hotel and driven to the Ngorongoro Conservation Area. It’s about a three hour drive and on arrival at Ngorongoro we’ll descend straight into the crater for game viewing.
You will stop for a packed lunch supplied by us in the middle of the day and then enjoy more game viewing in the afternoon until around 3:30pm when you’ll be taken back to Arusha.
Ngorongoro Crater is accessible throughout the year and is about 190km from Arusha or a three hour drive.
The main feature of the Ngorongoro Conservation Area (NCA) is the Crater, a large unbroken, UN flooded volcanic caldera. The Crater, which formed when a giant volcano exploded and collapsed on itself some two to three million years ago, it is 610m (2,000 ft.) deep and its floor covers 260 km². Estimates of the height of the original volcano range from 15,000 to 19,000 feet (4,500 to 5,800m) high. The crater is famous for its big five animals: lion, elephant, rhino, leopard, and buffalo. It is teeming with wildlife of all kinds however, including zebra, gazelle, wildebeest, impala, hippo and many different bird species.
Cost: $490 Per Person Muxmum 2 Pax
- Park fees;
- Professional Tanzanian safari guide;
- Outfitted Land Rover or Land Cruiser with roof hatch, fridge, charging sockets, and Bluetooth radio for music;
- One bottle of mineral water per day.
- International and domestic flights;
- Travel insurance;
- Alcoholic beverages unless mentioned in the itinerary;
- All items of a personal nature.